Housing, jobs and community facilities FAQs

Latest Questions

  1. The increase in population will create an increase in demand on local public services such as education and health. How will the project tackle that?

    Permission is sought for up to 19,620m2 of educational development which will include two primary schools with early years and special education needs and disabilities (SEND) provision and a secondary school campus also including SEND provision.

    A new healthcare facility is proposed in one of the neighbourhood centres and permission is sought for a facility of up to 1,600m2. While the Northern Arc scheme (including the Freeks Farm development) gives rise to a requirement for 838m2 of healthcare facility, the larger floorspace is intended to allow the Horsham and Mid Sussex Clinical Commissioning Group to deliver a bigger facility than is required to meet the healthcare requirements arising from just the Northern Arc development. The dental healthcare floorspace will be delivered in one or more of the Neighbourhood Centres.

    If the CCG do not require an on-site facility, a financial contribution towards off-site healthcare improvements in the locality will be provided.

  2. Will there be public open space for all?

    A rich variety of attractive open spaces supporting biodiversity as well as meeting community needs for recreation and supporting health and well-being will be delivered. This includes: extensive areas of natural open space encompassing the river valleys, woodlands and grassland areas, including an extension to the Bedelands nature reserve, providing opportunities for passive recreation, walking, cycling and exercise; and three formal parklands located close to the Neighbourhood Centres to meet needs for children’s play, informal sports and passive recreation.

  3. What type of housing will be delivered?

    A range of housing will be provided to create a mixed and balanced community, with different densities and types of housing. This could include apartments, terraces, town houses, detached and semi-detached homes and extra care housing.